Samsung B550 Soundbar Review: At its launch, the Samsung B550/XL soundbar was marketed as a powerful and immersive audio solution for home entertainment. It was equipped with a wireless subwoofer, multiple connectivity options, and various audio modes, making it a versatile and practical home audio product.
The Samsung 2.1 soundbar was well-received by critics and consumers alike, who praised its sleek design, powerful audio output, and user-friendly features. It was seen as a solid choice for those looking to enhance the audio experience of their home entertainment systems.
- Looks- Samsung B550 soundbar review
- Audio experience- Samsung B550 soundbar review
- What about bass?
- Audio test- Samsung B550 soundbar review
- Price- ₹ 19,000-20,000. Every Rupee you spend is worth it.
- Pros & Cons
- Key Specs
- Watch Samsung B550 Soundbar Review on Youtube
- Vineet Malhotra’s Recommended Products Lists 2023
- Fantastic clarity with lots of details
- The lower Bass is Powerful but not Thumping.
- DTS Virtual X is excellent for Movies.
- Dialogues are clear.
- Bass is not extraordinary
- No 4K passthrough
Looks- Samsung B550 soundbar review
It has a fantastic design with a neat silk finish on top. On the front is a metal grill. On top are four embossed buttons. Connectivity options are on the back- HDMI ARC, one optical port and Bluetooth. It supports Dolby Audio and dts Virtual X (game changer). The output of 4 drivers is 160W, subwoofer’s (wireless) is 250W, totalling 410W.
Audio experience- Samsung B550 soundbar review
Boost the quality of your listening experience with the subwoofer that comes with a Soundbar. It strongly emphasizes bass for a fantastic sound that hits deeper and smoother notes, giving your Soundbar access to theatre-quality audio.
In the Samsung B550 soundbar review, we found that you get mind-blowing clarity. No other soundbar of this range offers it (Rs 20000). No other soundbar of any brand can offer such clarity. For dialogues, listen to this audio test 2. Mids are delivered beautifully, and it has good clarity.
What about bass?
It has only lower bass. The upper bass is zero.
Do listen to the songs from the audio files. Pause and listen to ‘tongue tied’. Then listen to ‘Enemy’, and you’ll realize the difference. We have recorded these songs on the same settings, same volume and with the same mic.
Then why the difference?
The ‘Tongue tied’ song has lower bass, and this soundbar delivers it perfectly. Lower bass is not heard. You’ll not know where it is coming from. You only feel its vibration. Your water glass will shake with its depth. You can listen to the upper bass in the Enemy song. This refers to the bass which is heard. It plays songs with upper bass. Its clarity is fantastic, which is why it is a blast.
“You buy a soundbar for watching movies too. We tested this soundbar for movies as well. Use the headphones to listen to our audio files.”
Audio test- Samsung B550 soundbar review
You get Atmos decoding on Netflix, but in this soundbar, you get dts Virtual X. Its Atmos experience in dts Virtual X is fantastic. DTS Virtual X uses audio processing techniques to provide roomy 3D sound, including the sensation of height. You get goosebumps when you listen to every small beat and nuance. Samsung 2.1 soundbar is a fully-satisfying soundbar.
Price- ₹ 19,000-20,000. Every Rupee you spend is worth it.
Pros & Cons
- It has incredible lower bass, which is felt. You will feel it coming from everywhere. You feel a vibration.
- The four drivers in front are clear and loud. It is crucial as lower bass has been emphasized in its power distribution.
- You get a 250W subwoofer and a 160W soundbar. The power distribution of 160W is fantastic.
- The subwoofer gives lower bass, and the soundbar gives clarity and loudness. You will enjoy and will hear at least one note more of a song you have listened to 50 times.
- You will enjoy movies due to dts Virtual X. There are no issues. This soundbar is not a DJ soundbar due to a lack of upper bass.
- It is a good soundbar but not for loud music listeners (less upper bass). You won’t get heavy bass like Enemy or ‘baby ka bass’ songs. Use the Soundbar’s Bass Boost option to amp up the bass for complete immersion. The inbuilt subwoofer amplifies the strong, deeper bass and surrounds you with a wider variety of sounds.
- You get HDMI IN port but no HDR passthrough. It is excellent but useless. At most, you can attach it to the set-top box. With HDR passthrough, it would have been a feature-rich soundbar. But it is not an issue as it is not required.
|SPEAKER DRIVERS||2.1 Channel;|
1 Wireless Subwoofer;
|AUDIO OUTPUT||160W (40W×4) Speakers;|
Total Output 410W
|SPECS & FEATURES||6.5 Inch Subwoofer;|
Centre Firing Speakers;
Frequency Range 20Hz-20kHz;
Game Mode (Cross-Talk Cancellation Technology);
DTS Virtual X Mode
|AUDIO & VIDEO FORMATS||Dolby Audio;|
Adaptive Sound Lite
|WIDTH & WEIGHT||34 Inch Soundbar|
1 HDMI IN;
Watch Samsung B550 Soundbar Review on Youtube
Vineet Malhotra’s Recommended Products Lists 2023
VMONE RECOMMENDED PRODUCT LISTS
DOWNLOAD PDF HERE
KITCHEN APPLIANCES LIST
WASHING MACHINE LIST
GEYSER & HEATER LIST
AIR CONDITIONER LIST
HOME THEATER LIST
MICROWAVE & OTG LIST
KITCHEN CHIMNEY LIST
AIR COOLER LIST
CEILING FANS LIST
INVERTER & BATTERY LIST
PARTY SPEAKER LIST
Reviewed By: Vineet Malhotra
Written By: Rachita Jain
Disclaimer: Please note that the prices mentioned in the article were recorded on the publishing date. Prices may change with time.