Air Purifiers are a must due to the growing air pollution and if you think only North Indians have bad air quality, then you are absolutely wrong. Google the AQI of your city and check if it is above or below 30 and if it is above 30, then we are sorry to say but your family is breathing a very poor quality of air and growing 5-10 plants in your home is not its solution. Watch the complete video by clicking on the youtube-icon.
SOME IMPORTANT POINTS REGARDING AIR PURIFIERS
- Before buying any Air purifiers check its CADR (clean air delivery rate) value as it indicates the area the air purifier will cover. But this is just a Scam.
- The main purpose of an air purifier is air purification and for extra features, you must not pay more. HEPA filter purifies the air and this filter has several types like- H-12, 13 and 14. H-12 is useless and if any air purifier has this filter, then do not consider buying it. H-13 and H-14 are the best filters.
- Before switching on the air purifier, ventilate the entire room properly and then close it. Only after this, you must switch on the air purifier because by doing so, the oxygen levels will be maintained and air will get purified properly.
- Make sure to check the Noise Levels of your Air Purifier before buying. A purifier may look very good but sound more than expected which may not make you uncomfortable at night
- Before buying Air Purifier, make sure you check the cost and availability of the extra filter. If filter availability is not good, then you are buying a fan with Plastic Body. Air Purifier with Activated Carbon Filter in it will absorb and remove bad odor. It will not last more than a month. Don’t pay extra for it.
Dyson Pure Cool Air Purifier TP04
Dyson does not disclose its CADR ratio but it covers 400 sq ft. Its weight is 6.6KG and its Noise Level is 64dB, at maximum speed. Apart from its good looks, this purifier can capture 99.95% Airborne Pollutants of 0.1 microns. This is the only purifier with a built-in heater.
|FEATURES||Senses pollutants in real time, Captures pollutants with 360° sealed filters, Shows 24 Hour AQI Graph on Mobile App Screen; Comes with a Remote Control; Works with Alexa|
|FILTER||Vacuum sealed HEPA H13 Filter Pleated 200 Times, and Activated carbon filter; INR2400|
This is the most stylish air purifier along with the built-in heater. The con is its high price. It would have been better if instead of HEPA 13 the HEPA 14 filter would have been used. But nevertheless, this filter cleans the fastest.
Sharp Air Purifier FP-F40E-W
Number 2 in our list of best air purifiers is Sharp Air Purifier with 240 m3/hr CADR ratio which covers 320 sq ft. This is the most underrated air purifier with fantastic features. Its weight is 4.2KG with up to 2 years of filter life but its Noise Level is 80dB, which is slightly high. This purifier can capture 99.97% Airborne Pollutants of 0.1 microns.
|FEATURES||HEPA H14 and Carbon filter, Dust & Odour Sensor; Plasmacluster Technology which release Hydrogen and Oxygen Molecules in the Air to neutralize Pathogens in Air|
|FILTER||Hepa H14 Filter and Carbon Filter cost INR4000|
You get HEPA H-14 filter and PlasmaCluster technology which is a big thing at INR10,000. This is why it is one of the best filters. But no product is perfect and the con of this filter is its 80dB noise levels, which is slightly on a higher side. And the second con is that it lacks an AQI indicator and filter replacement indicator.
Coway AirMega 150
Number 3 in our list of best air purifiers is Coway AirMega 150 Air Purifier with 303 m3/hr CADR ratio which covers 355 sq ft, which is not at all misleading. Its weight is 5.5KG with 1-year filter life. This purifier can capture 99.97% Airborne Pollutants of 0.1 microns, which is a very good thing and its Noise Level is 49dB.
|FEATURES||Cartridge Type Filter Design, With Washable Pre Filter; Carbon Filter|
|FILTER||Hepa H13 Filter cost ₹3000|
|WARRANTY||1 Year Comprehensive and 5 Years on Motor|
This is an amazing purifier with a minimalistic design with an amazing HEPA filter and low noise levels. But the AQI reading is not visible on the filter or app, which is the con of this purifier.
Mi Air Purifier 3
Number 4 in our list of best air purifiers is MI Air Purifier 3 with a 380m3/hr CADR ratio. This air purifier covers 484 sq ft, which is completely misleading. It weighs 4.8KG and its Noise Level is 64 dB. This purifier can capture 99.97% Airborne Pollutants of 0.3 microns. This air purifier can be operated via Google Assistant and Alexa.
|FEATURES||Works with Google assistant and Amazon Alexa, Shows real time PM 2.5 Concentration, Temperature, and Humidity on OLED Touch Display|
|FILTER||Hepa H13 Filter cost INR2500|
This is an amazing purifier working with the app along with good smart features. The main task which is of purifying air is done fine by this Purifier but its CADR is completely misleading. It can efficiently clean a maximum of 300sqft area only.
Philips Air Purifier AC2887- AIR PURIFIERS
Number 5 in our list of best air purifiers is Philips Air Purifier with a 333m3/hr CADR ratio. According to Philips, this air purifier covers 409 sq ft, which is completely misleading. Its weight is 7.7KG and its Noise Level is 51dB. This purifier can capture 99.97% Airborne Pollutants of 0.2 microns. This air purifier comes with an LED Display that acts as a PM 2.5 Indicator.
|FEATURES||LED Display PM 2.5 Indicator, It purifies Particles as small as 0.2microns|
|FILTER||Hepa H12 Filter cost INR3000|
Even after operating it at maximum speed, the noise if levels of this air purifier are less, which is a very good thing. If we talk about its cons then its CADR value is completely misleading because it is calculated in a room of 8ft. H-12 filter is used in this purifier, which is not a good filter. If the maximum air pollution level in your city is 100, then you may purchase it but otherwise, this purifier is useless.