Reliance Jio AirFiber to Launch on 19 September: Jio, India’s largest telecommunication platform headquartered in Mumbai is on the brink of introducing its new service, Jio AirFiber. This is a wireless internet service that is portable enough to carry around your homes and offices. The speed of this device is claimed to be 1.5 Gbps, which will ensure consistent high-speed internet availability. The product will be launched on the auspicious occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi, determined to be on 19 September 2023.
About the Launch of Reliance Jio AirFiber
Mukesh Ambani, the chairperson and the managing director of Reliance Industries took the initiative during the Annual General Meeting of 2023, to announce the launch of Jio AirFiber. The initial plans for the product were shared during the 45th Annual General Meeting held last year.
Ambani’s words making the announcement, “Today, I’m delighted to announce that Jio AirFiber will launch on the auspicious occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi on 19th September, giving us another avenue for customer value and revenue growth in the untapped Indian home segment.”
Know More About the Reliance Jio AirFiber
As already discussed above, Reliance Jio AirFiber is a wireless internet service that uses 5G technology to provide high-speed internet connectivity. People can enjoy hassle-free HD content streaming, online gaming, and even video conferences. Not only this the device comes with many other features, let’s talk about them in detail.
- Not only is Jio portable but also is easy to set up as the company itself claims stating “You just have to plug it in, turn it on, and that’s it. You now have a personal Wi-Fi hotspot in your home, connected to ultra-high-speed internet using True 5G. With JioAirFiber, it will be really easy to quickly connect your home or office to Gigabit-speed Internet.”
- Some other features that are equipped in this 5G hotspot are parental controls,
integrated security firewalls, and will keep up with WiFi 6.
- It provides wider coverage along with its nationwide availability.
Price Of Reliance’s Jio AirFiber
The price of Jio AirFiber is yet to be announced, but it is expected to be 20% less than its competitor’s AirFiber, Airtel Xstream. As we are already aware, Airtel Xstream AirFiber provides its services starting from Rs. 799 per month. Not to mention that the price for the portable device unit is not included.
How is Reliance Jio AirFiber Better Than JioFiber?
Both the devices are from one company but what are the differences they have, let’s know about it.
- Jio AirFiber is a wireless internet device that relieves you from the inconvenience of physical cords. Whereas, Jio Fiber has wired fiber optic cables.
- Jio Fiber offers a speed of 1Gbps which will be surpassed by the 1.5 Gbps speed of Jio AirFiber. You may note that we are not yet sure about the speed of Jio AirFiber until its launch.
- Jio Fiber’s coverage cannot be availed across the country, contrarily, Jio AirFiber claims to have extended coverage, available nationwide.
- Jio Fiber requires a professional for the installation process, but Jio AirFiber is accessible with a simple Plug-and-play installation method.
- The prices of both products may differ a lot because one is a portable device and the other comes with traditional broadband connectivity.
Let us wait for Reliance Jio AirFiber to hit the market on 19 September 2023. Looking at Jio’s rapid popularity and growth it can be a steal-deal product for the customers. This was all about the update regarding the launch of Reliance Jio AirFiber. If you have any queries or suggestions feel free to drop the comments. Also, visit our Tech Updates on our website to keep yourself up-to-date with our regular updates.
Aanchal is a family-oriented person who loves to spend time with her family. Her reserved demeanour allows her to reflect deeply on her thoughts and make well-thought-out decisions. She profoundly loves diplomatic studies and wishes to explore more about diverse cultures and languages worldwide. In her spare time, she reads or writes poetry prompts in her journal.