Vacuum cleaners are now a mandatory asset for every household. They not only facilitate easy but also better cleaning. However, buying a good vacuum cleaner is not an easy-peasy job.
First of all, you need to select whether you want a dry vacuum cleaner or a wet and dry vacuum cleaner. Then you need to check its power consumption. After power consumption comes the suction capacity and the type of filter used in the vacuum cleaner. Noise levels, cord length, and warranty are other significant aspects that must be looked upon.
Now, either you can do all these things, or you can read our article where we have catered the best vacuum cleaners; both dry and wet and dry; with keeping all these aspects in mind.
- Vacuum Cleaners Buying Guide – Best Vacuum Cleaner 2022
- Watch This Review on Youtube:
- Dry Vacuum Cleaners
- Wet and Dry Vacuum Cleaners
- Download Vineet Malhotra’s Recommended All Products List Here:
- FAQs –
Vacuum Cleaners Buying Guide – Best Vacuum Cleaner 2022
|1. Types of vacuum cleaners-|
Canister vacuum cleaners with both Dry and Wet & Dry capabilities. They have all kinds of attachments for various surfaces.
Handheld vacuum cleaners with few attachments and hence they are suitable only for a few surfaces.
Robotic vacuum cleaners are pretty expensive. They have a lower number of attachments and a higher number of limitations.
In this article, we will talk about Canister (both Dry and Wet & Dry) vacuum cleaners only.
2. Dust Bags-
All 3 options of dust bags will be discussed in this article-
2.1. Without a dust bag
2.2. Replaceable Dust Bag
2.3. Washable dust bag.
The motor is the power of a vacuum cleaner. It decides the quality of the vacuum cleaner. A 2000W vacuum cleaner works on variable speed- 500W, 1000W, 1500W & 2000W. The variable-speed function makes them a premium-quality vacuum cleaner.
Suction is measured in Kilopascal (kPa). 1kPa= 1000 units of pressure. More the kPa; better the suction and cleaning. Many brands don’t disclose kPa but in this article, we have discussed everything extensively.
5. Air Filter-
An air filter is given on the exhaust fan. The HEPA filter is good but the non-replaceable HEPA filter is not good. Once it is choked and after you remove it, then the dirt extracted by the vacuum cleaner will again land in your room. All air filters in our recommended vacuum cleaners can be easily cleaned or replaced.
6. Noise Levels-
Noise levels declared by brands are noted under the test conditions. But in this article, you will get to know about both- the declared and the actual noise levels.
7. Extended Warranty-
What happens if your vacuum cleaner gets damaged after 1-2 years of warranty? A vacuum cleaner’s repair is costlier than its initial cost. An extended warranty is thereby a must. We recommend Go Warranty which ensures authorized repairs and original spares.1.
Watch This Review on Youtube:
1. Amazon Basics – Best Vacuum Cleaner in India 2022
The best vacuum cleaner is Amazon Basics with 3L capacity, 700W motor, and 28 kPa suction. It is truly energy efficient with variable suction- 700W motor & 28 kPa suction. Suction can be adjusted with the knob. It has reusable dust bags and a removable HEPA 12 filter. It has a cord winder and a bag full indicator which will indicate when the dust bag will be full. Large wheels ensure better mobility. Amazon claims 76dB but during our testing, they were 87dB. It has 6 meters cord length.
It has a 2-year comprehensive warranty and it costs Rs 4200.
|Watts & kPa||700W & 28kPa|
|Features||Energy Efficient VC with Variable Suction; Reusable Dust Bags; Removable and Washable Hepa 12 Filter; Cord Winder; Bag Full Indicator; Large Wheels|
|Attachments||Floor/Carpet Brush, Crevice Tool, Upholstery nozzle, Dusting brush, Accessory holder|
|Noise, Weight & Cord Length||76dB declared 87dB actual testing 6m Cord Length|
Pros & Cons –
- It is an amazing vacuum cleaner with an efficient motor and powerful suction.
- Suction is good even in the controlled power consumption. The suction control option is too good.
- It is also reasonably priced.
- It lacks a blower. With a blower, it would have been unbeatable.
2. Philips Vacuum Cleaner – Best Vacuum Cleaner in India 2022
The next best vacuum cleaner in our list of best vacuum cleaners is Philips with a 1.5L capacity, 1900W motor & 33 kPa suction. It is a bag-less vacuum cleaner with power cyclone power technology. It comes with an EPA10 allergy filter. This lightweight vacuum cleaner has large wheels, a dust filter, and a cord winder feature. Philips’ claimed noise levels were 82dB but during my testing, they were 91dB. It has 6 meters cord length.
It has a 2-year comprehensive warranty and it costs Rs 8800.
|Watts & kPa||1900W & 33kPA|
|Features||Bagless Vacuum Cleaner; Power Cyclone 5 Technology; EPA10 Allergy Filter; Lightweight VC with Large Wheels; Washable Clean Air Filter in Dust Container; Cord Winder|
|Attachments||Floor Brush, Carpet Brush; Hose Pipe; Crevice Tool, Integrated soft brush|
|Noise, Weight & Cord Length||82dB declared 91dB actual testing 6 Meter Cord Length|
Pros & Cons –
- It is an amazing vacuum cleaner.
- It is small and has large wheels which provide better mobility.
- It is sturdy and powerful.
- The suction is amazing. You will love it.
- We think it is slightly over-priced.
- The inclusion of a suction control feature would be good. Suction control is still there on the handle. But with proper suction control, it would have been unbeatable.
3. Eureka Forbes – Best Vacuum Cleaner in India 2022
Number three in our list of Best Vacuum Cleaners In India 2022 is Eureka Forbes with 1.5L capacity, 1200W motor & 16 kPa suction. However, we don’t believe Eureka’s claim of this powerful suction. It comes with a reusable dust bag and you get 2 free bags along. But remember, nothing comes for free. You indirectly pay that money in the initial cost of the product.
The dust bag full indicator is good as the indicator will indicate when the dust bag will be full. It has a thermal cut-off mechanism. The motor will cut-off power in case of over-heating. It comes with average-sized but good-looking Swivel wheels. The wheels should be smooth but the plastic between wheels touches the ground and obstructs the movement of the vacuum cleaner. Auto cord winder is another good feature. Eureka’s claimed decibels were 85dB but during our testing, they were 99dB. It has 4 meters cord length.
It has a 1-year comprehensive warranty and costs Rs 3,500.
|Watts & kPa||1200W & 16 kPa|
|Features||VC with Powerful Suction; Reusable Dust Bag; Dust Bag Full Indicator; Thermal cut-off mechanism; Swivel Wheels; Auto Cord Winder; 2 Dust Bags Free|
|Attachments||1 Flexible Hose Pipe, 2 Extension Tube, 1 Floor cum Carpet Brush, 1 Crevice Nozzle, Upholstery Nozzle, 4 Paper Bags|
|Noise, Weight & Cord Length||85 dB declared 99dB actual testing 4m Cord Length|
Pros & Cons –
- This compact Vacuum cleaner is good for small houses.
- Its suction is reasonably OK which is a con as it takes time to clean a single area. If these many efforts are to be made, then what is the use of a vacuum cleaner in the first place?
- Its built quality is average with uneven gaps.
- A vacuum cleaner is used in a rough and tough way. This is not a durable or long-lasting vacuum cleaner.
- Its dry cleaning capabilities are average.
1. American Micronic – Best Vacuum Cleaner in India 2022
The best wet and dry vacuum cleaner in India 2022 is American Micronic with 21L capacity, 1600W motor & 28 kPa suction which is whopping. With high suction, high power, and a blower, it becomes the number one vacuum cleaner.
It has a 100% copper motor which is good. It has good quality stainless steel 21L drum and comes with a reusable dust bag and thermal cut-off protection. Thermal cut-off protection is an over-heat protection mechanism that will cut it off on overheating. Its HEPA filter can be changed and cleaned.
The company claims 85dB but during our testing, they were 97dB. It has ISI certified 5 meters cord and plug. Even the minutest things like wire and plug have been ISI marked which is fantastic.
It has a 1-year comprehensive warranty and costs Rs 7800. The prices are dynamic.
|Watts & kPa||1600W & 28kPa|
|Features||High Suction & High Power VC with Blower; 100% Copper Motor; Stainless Steel Drum 21L; Washable & Reusable Dust Bag; VC with Blower; Thermal cutoff for protection with Electronic control chip on PCB (Overheating Protection); HEPA Filter|
|Attachments||5 Feet Flexible Hose Pipe, 2 extension pipes, Floor cum Carpet Brush, Wet brush with two separate mouths, Upholstery nozzle, crevice nozzle|
|Noise, Weight & Cord Length||84 dB declared; 105 dB actual testing 9 kg ISI certified 5M cord and plug|
Pros & Cons –
- Its 28 kPa suction capacity is whopping along with its good dry and wet cleaning capability. You will not feel the need for more suction. This is a monster and you will love it.
- The HEPA filter is good.
- It is quite expensive at Rs 7800. It is slightly costlier than Agaro but it also has better quality. It has more suction capacity, better quality, and more features as compared to Agaro.
2. Agaro – Best Vacuum Cleaner in India 2022
Next on the list of best vacuum cleaners in India 2022 is the Agaro vacuum cleaner with 21L capacity, 1600W motor & 21.5 kPa suction. Along with high suction and high power, it has a blower. The stainless steel drum comes with a reusable dust bag. The air filter on the exhaust fan can be cleaned and reused. It has 360° swivel wheels which enhance its mobility. Agaro claims 80dB but during our testing, they were 92dB. It has 5 meters cord length.
It has a 1-year comprehensive warranty and costs Rs 5800.
|Watts & kPa||1600W & 21.5kPa|
|Features||High Suction & High Power VC with Blower; Stainless Steel Drum 21L; Reusable Dust Bag; Air Filter; 360° Swivel Wheels|
|Attachments||Hose Pipe; Floor Brush; Telescopic Metal Tube; Absorbing Brush; Crevice Nozzle; Multipurpose Brush|
|Noise, Weight & Cord Length||80 dB declared; 97dB actual testing 7.2kg; 5 Meter Cord Length|
Pros & Cons –
- It is a ‘value for money’ vacuum cleaner with good dry and wet cleaning capabilities.
- Wet cleaning is good due to its good suction.
- It is a rough and tough model and there is no breakage as it is made of Stainless steel.
- It lacks the suction control feature. With suction control, it would have been unbeatable.
3. Karcher – Best Vacuum Cleaner in India 2022
Karcher vacuum cleaner with 17L capacity, 1000W motor & 20 kPa suction is one of the best wet and dry vacuum cleaners in India 2022. This vacuum cleaner with blower comes with dust bags. The dust bags can be bought from the market and they cost around Rs 150. It has a filter too that costs Rs 500 when you buy it separately. The plastic drum can be closed with a pull and push lock-in system. Karcher claims 75dB but during our testing, they were 105dB. It has 4 meters cord length.
It has a 1-year comprehensive warranty and costs Rs 6400.
|Watts & kPa||1000W & 20kPa|
|Features||Vacuum Cleaner with Blower; Paper Dust Bag (Rs 150); Cartridge Filter (Rs 500); Plastic Tank/Drum; Pull & Push Locking System|
|Attachments||Suction hose; 2 Suction tubes, Wet and dry floor nozzle, crevice nozzle, cartridge filter, 1 paper bag|
|Noise, Weight & Cord Length||75 dB declared; 105dB actual testing 5.8 kg 4 Meter Cord Length|
Pros & Cons –
- It is a good vacuum cleaner with good suction and good dry and wet capabilities. You can buy a lot of attachments with it.
- The quality of plastic used is not good.
- The stainless steel version is good but it has its own cons. We don’t recommend it.
- We recommend the plastic model. But its suction is less especially for wet cleaning capabilities.
- With so many attachments, it becomes a little expensive which can be a deal-breaker for many people.
Download Vineet Malhotra’s Recommended All Products List Here:
VM-ONE RECOMMENDED PRODUCT LISTS
DOWNLOAD PDF HERE
KITCHEN APPLIANCES LIST
WASHING MACHINE LIST
GEYSER & HEATER LIST
AIR CONDITIONER LIST
HOME THEATER LIST
MICROWAVE & OTG LIST
KITCHEN CHIMNEY LIST
AIR COOLER LIST
CEILING FANS LIST
INVERTER & BATTERY LIST
PARTY SPEAKER LIST
Disclaimer: Please note that the prices mentioned in the article were recorded on the publishing date. Prices may change with time.
How many types of vacuum cleaners are there?
There are three types of vacuum cleaners-
1. Canister vacuum cleaners with both Dry and Wet & Dry capabilities. They have all attachments for various surfaces.
2. Handheld vacuum cleaners with few attachments (suitable for few surfaces).
3. Robotic vacuum cleaners are expensive. They have low attachments and more limitations.
What is the cost of an Amazon Basic vacuum cleaner?
It costs Rs 4200.
What is the cord length given in the Agaro vacuum cleaner?
It has 5 meters cord length.
How much warranty do you get on the Eureka Forbes vacuum cleaner?
It has a 1-year comprehensive warranty.