BEST PERSONAL AIR COOLERS IN INDIA IN 2021: If you check the online reviews for air coolers, then there is a chance you will end up buying nothing. The reason behind this is that 90% of the reviews are fake and are not based on even 10% authentic knowledge about air coolers. Then should you avoid buying an air cooler? Definitely not! If you want to buy the best air cooler, then read the entire blog and watch the video.
KEY POINTS REGARDING AIR COOLERS
What are personal air coolers?
Personal coolers or tower coolers are the same. These are made for personal use and at max 2 people can benefit from them. Secondly, these work best under 40°. Thirdly, you get benefit only while sitting in front of them as they never cool the room. And fourthly, they are best for dry climate but not good for humid or wet climate areas.
- If you get a pungent smell from your cooler, then it is because of irregular changing of water. In these coolers, it is mandatory to change the water in every 2-3 days. Second, clean its pads every 2-3 weeks. Otherwise doesn’t matter which cooler it is or of which brand or how costly, it will definitely smell foul.
- No personal cooler brand declares noise levels because they are always high. It sounds between 70dB-75dB irrespective of its brand and price. Their noise levels are higher than that of washing machines because an average washing machine has 60dB-65dB.
- If there is humidity in the room when you switch on the cooler, then it is because of ventilation and not the cooler. Proper ventilation is necessary while using a personal or dessert cooler. Improper ventilation will definitely cause humidity even if the cooler is working.
- Switch on the pump for 2-3 minutes before you start using the cooler, and then start the fan. This is the correct way to operate a cooler.
- Now comes an important thing- cooling pads which are of 2 types- 1) Wood Wool Cooling Pads. These are made of wood shavings and synthetic fibers which in casual language is called grass. These are old type of pads with high maintenance, less durability, they get dirty easily and when they catch dirt, they can only be replaced and not cleaned. All in all, they are outdated now and must be avoided.
- 2) Second are the Honeycomb Cooling Pads which are made of cellulose material and are three times more expensive then wood wool pads but they are also three times more durable. Their maintenance is low, can be cleaned easily and the cooler performs efficiently with these pads.
Symphony Hicool i 31L- BEST PERSONAL AIR COOLERS IN INDIA IN 2021
Symphony Hi Cool 31L model comes with a blower of 1400 RPM motor that consumes only 185W power and gives 1600m3/hr airflow and its air throw rate is 37ft. It comes with i-Pure technology, which means that it has 5-6 different filters succumbed in 1 filter, which give clean air. Important is that there is PM 2.5 filter also. It has SMPS technology which will switch off the cooler during voltage fluctuation. The best part is its fully functional remote control and a system restore function.
After the power cut, this cooler will start on exactly the same settings on which it got turned off during a power cut. Its body is made of plastic and it weighs 9Kg
|AIR FLOW||1600 m³/hr|
|DIRECT SELLER LINK AMAZON||https://amzn.to/2Zp7sKd|
|DIRECT SELLER LINK FLIPKART||http://fkrt.it/EmP9i7NNNN|
You get many features and this makes it a feature-packed air cooler. It consumes less water and gives good cooling. Its con is that it is slightly over-priced. Had its price been between INR7500-INR8000, then it would have been the best.
Bajaj Platini 36L- BEST PERSONAL AIR COOLERS IN INDIA IN 2021
Bajaj Platini 36L model comes with a fan of 1360 RPM motor that consumes only 100W power and gives 1800m3/hr airflow and its air throw rate is 30ft. Bajaj Platini comes with Hexacool technology (same as Bajaj Frio) and honeycomb pads with turbofan technology. Water retains in honeycomb pads for a long which gives cool air for a longer time. Turbofan means that a fan works faster and ironically, nobody purchases a fan for its slow speed.
Anyway, it comes with yet another technology- Chill trap technology. According to Bajaj, the chilled air stays inside so that cool air can be given out always. It is inverter compatible and has a water level indicator. Its body is made of thermoplastic and it weighs 11Kg
|AIR FLOW||1800 m³/hr|
|DIRECT SELLER LINK AMAZON||https://amzn.to/3bf4cXh|
|DIRECT SELLER LINK FLIPKART||http://fkrt.it/9SizbbuuuN|
This is a value-for-money fantastic cooler that comes with a good airflow rate. Its electricity consumption is amazing but there is one con. Its body is material is not the best.
Bajaj Frio 23-litres-BEST PERSONAL AIR COOLERS IN INDIA IN 2021
Bajaj 23L model comes with a fan of 1350 RPM motor that consumes 140W power and gives 1600m3/hr airflow and its air throw rate is 30ft. Bajaj Frio comes with Hexacool technology with honeycomb pads. Water retains in honeycomb pads for a long which gives cool air for a longer time. It works similar to Orient’s dense nest technology, only the name is changed. Water retains in honeycomb pads for a long which gives cool air for a longer time.
It comes with an ice chamber and a water level indicator. Ice cube has a fine capacity and one can get cooler air by adding ice cubes and can be used in extreme heat. Louvres get completely shut which is good as it prevents the cooler from dust even when, not in use. Its body is made of thermoplastic and it weighs 6Kg.
|AIR FLOW||1600 m³/hr|
|DIRECT SELLER LINK AMAZON||https://amzn.to/3jU79AA|
|DIRECT SELLER LINK FLIPKART||http://fkrt.it/Em8r!eNNNN|
Hindware Snowcrest 36L-BEST PERSONAL AIR COOLERS IN INDIA IN 2021
Hindware 36L model comes with a fan of 1350 RPM motor that consumes 165W power and gives 1450m3/hr airflow and its air throw rate is 25ft. Hindware’s this personal cooler comes with an interchangeable colour panel, honeycomb pads, and an anti-skid top cover. It comes with an ice chamber that gives cooler air by adding ice cubes and can be used in extreme heat. Louvres get completely shut which is good as it prevents the cooler from dust even when, not in use. Last but not the least, it is compatible with inverters. Its body is made of ABS and it weighs 10Kg.
|AIR FLOW||1450 m³/hr|
|DIRECT SELLER LINK AMAZON||https://amzn.to/2NcEj2g|
|DIRECT SELLER LINK FLIPKART||http://fkrt.it/9ULeNbuuuN|
It is a good cooler with good capacity, which means it works for a longer time. Its ice chamber is large. Its con is its 165W high power consumption. The second is its lower air throw rate. But still, it is a good cooler with a large capacity that works for a long time.
Orient Electric Smartcool 20 liters- BEST PERSONAL AIR COOLERS IN INDIA IN 2021
Orient Electric 20L is an air cooler that comes with a blower of 1300 RPM motor that consumes 140W power and gives 1300m3/hr airflow which goes till 25ft. Orient’s this personal cooler comes with Dense Net technology, and honeycomb pads with a water distribution system. Using this technology, the water stays in the holes of honeycomb pads for a long which gives cool air for a longer time. It has a dust filter which saves water from getting dirty. It comes with an ice chamber on top which gives cooler air and can be used in extreme heat. It has a water level indicator and is compatible with the inverter.
|AIR FLOW||1300 m³/hr|
|DIRECT SELLER LINK AMAZON||https://amzn.to/3jVJTSG|
|DIRECT SELLER LINK FLIPKART||http://fkrt.it/9U1KDmuuuN|
The body of this air cooler is made of ABS and it weighs approx 10Kg. Its pro is that it gives good cooling for 1-2 people. Its con is its slightly less air throw rate. For 1-2 people, this is a good option.